Friday, April 21, 2017

early to rise

I really need to figure out a way to make myself go to bed earlier.  Any suggestions?

I now need a full eight hours of sleep.  Before I was able to go to bed 10-11ish and wake up 6ish.  But now I need a full two hours of in the morning - let out chickens, drink coffee and check email, walk dog, water garden, shower, make breakfast, drive - and if I get to work late, I have to stay late.  So I need to be up no later than 6 am sharp.  Which means I need to be in bed falling asleep by 10 pm sharp. 

I've tried putting an alarm on my laptop to tell me when it's time to go to bed but I find myself thinking: oh, just one more task.  Last night it was "oh but I just need to vacuum."  The previous night it was: "Oh, I just have to make this list." 

I wish seven hours of sleep per night were enough because 11 pm-6 am would be great.  But I need the full eight or I'm straggling. 

Also, these chickens propel me to getting up earlier - they really want to be up and out of the coop when the sun rises.  They want their water and food and to stretch their wings.

Every week I have class until 9 pm which kind of throws me because it takes time to wind down after getting home.

Well, maybe going out camping will help, even if only one night.  To be away from artificial light -though i'll take my headlamp and stash of batteries to read once the sun goes down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment