Monday, April 3, 2017

Tfw

The wife of your lover who died last February messages to say hello and see how you're doing.

The son of your lover who died this January posts on Facebook about missing his daddy, posting a memory of an exchange they had that captures the essence of that man.

Love and loss.  How the world turns. But it still can make me suck my breath in hard.

She and I only met once and it was awkward. They weren't married and she and I knew of each other. He wasn't a dirty cheater or anything like that.  I haven't met the son yet but I assume I will someday. It's a small town, we have mutual friends. We'll both be missing his daddy.

I've seen a lot of photos posted of both of these men and it's even more obvious how much they loved me. How their eyes softened and warmed and danced when I took the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment